Sunday, October 31, 2010

Talladega Nights

4:30 - Pull ourselves out of bed and jump in shower in attempt to wake up. After a about 20 minutes we finally got ourselves up and going, got dressed, grabbed some chocolate milk and out the door we went about 5:15.

6:20- Stopped at gas station to grab some energy drinks to get it going, have to make this four hour drive and it's early.

7:30- Stopped at another gas station grabbed another energy drink, and tried to buy beer but I forgot it's Sunday and they don't sell Beer. So had to settle for an AMP energy drink and get back on the road.

7:45- Melissa is about ready to kill me because im controlling the music and only playing the music that I like and skipping over all the great song choices she likes, like George Michael, Prince, and similar artist.

9:15- Finally we arrive in Talladega and it is amazing all the traffic that is here. This has to be the safest place in Alabama right now with so many rednecks in one place, you know we got guns. Then we were so smart we did not stop at an ATM before we got to Talladega so we got no money and finding an ATM at this point was not looking good but fortunaltey they had some out there.

9:30- Melissa had to buy a shirt so we got the shirt, and then we bought us some scalped tickets, now we can finally get to work. We meet a variety of people and most of them were pretty cool taking their photos and having freindly banter with one another, everybody getting ready to cheer on their favorite racer. During taking photos the hate Jimmi Johnson chants start, and few are dressed in costumes since it is Halladega. We take around 100 photos before it is time to go in.

11:15- We make it in and I realize why they don't sell Beer on Sundays so they can charge you $6 a beer at the race, but hey didn't stop me from buying a few. As we are making our way to our seats we talk to the fans and take more pictures and met some interesting ones like the "flaming idiot" have to check out our photos but im sure you will figure out which one he is, but he was actually a cool guy.

12:00- Gentleman Start Your Engines

1:30- I realize why when I go to a race, why I don't actually go in and watch it, it is  because it's like look left then look right. I have to say the people are very entertaining, specially since I don't have a favorite racer it is fun watching them get into it and cheer their driver on. Also about this time I get a text from my Dad telling me to get a #11 Hat/Shirt.

1:30-2:30- Im like can we leave now.....don't get me wrong I respect the sport but it is not for me to sit and watch but I think it was due to the fact I was expecting to see crashes and my expectations were few and far between. Also I got a turkey leg and it was good but a bad idea, think it is going to make me sick.

3:30- The race is over now and it ended on a Caution so that kind sucked but it was funny listening to all the people boo Jimmi Johnson and company. Now we have a long hike back to the vehicle.

4:00- Back in the vehicle and headed home

5:45- Stop in Montgomery at Carabbas and eat and it was good and good thing we stopped because I was about to fall asleep. This point we were looking back on this and all in all I was glad we stayed for the whole race even though we got covered in dirt from the cars zooming by.

6:30-8:30- On the road again and once again the radio is mine and I am hearing you know what because I like good music.

9:00- Finally home and goodnight


So to sum it up we spent a bunch of time on the road today driving but it was well worth it. We got to meet some good people, some interesting ones, and had a fun time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment